7.03.2010




So I think my fish is dying. He's an adorable royal blue beta named Leopold. I've had him for almost a year, transported him to and from my dorm multiple times, practically brought him back from the dead, and now he is sadly floating around the bottom of his little jar looking like death. 

I know one year is a pretty good life for a house fish but its still very upsetting, watching him knowing there is nothing more I can do. 

A few years ago my dad killed all of the fish in our pond by mistake. He was adding a bit more water with the garden  hose right before we left to head to my cousin's wedding. Unfortunately, when we returned the next day my father realized he had forgotten to turn off the water before we left and the sudden increase in chlorine killed every single fish. My dad was distraught to say the least. He felt so bad for accidentally murdering all his fish friends.  

I know I didn't do anything to harm my fish but I still feel bad. I hate having to sit around and wait for him to kick it. 
Needless to say I'm having a pretty crap day. 
I hope your holiday weekend has started off better then mine, enjoy the fantastic weather!  

1 comment:

  1. love this. your blog is wonderful...happy to find it! hope you stop by mine and say hello.

    m.fay
    http://www.amateurcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails